Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Coffee bean bag pillow

I'm still here....
I was afraid Blogger wasn't going to let me post something. It was giving me error messages. hum... what's up with that? Can't a lazy blogger be 'lazy'?

Look at this giant pillow. It has a 24"x24" pillow form inside. The front is an actual burlap coffee bag with the graphics on front. How cool is that? I thought it would be hard to sew but it wasn't as bad as a fuzzy shirt I made for my granddaughter one time. The back of the pillow is made from canvas. I bought a 6'x9' painter's canvas for about $10 and it's strong and I see a bunch of tote bags in its future.

The coffee bean bag was so smelly when I received it that I had to leave it outside for a week. Then I had to wash it with water and leave it outside a couple more days. That did it and it smelled like sunshine.

I had read some horror stories online about sewing the burlap but I had no trouble at all. I cut the burlap pieces with pinking shears and that was a little tough but not too bad. It really went together in less than an hour.

I like it ... how 'bout you?

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll have more projects to post in just a little bit.

Have a great day!

Debbie

5 comments:

Jo said...

These pillows are great. I love them. Where did you find coffee bags? Brings a new meaning to coffee bean bags. You are very creative.

Meg said...

What a great pillow! Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

this cushion looks great Debbie,well done

Rosa said...

Yes,I like it too.It`s looks very cute.

Sparky said...

I can smell the beans from here...what a perky project lol